Welcome to Altoona Elementary School
Greetings! My name is Tara Betlach and I am honored to serve as the Altoona Elementary School principal. I am grateful for the opportunity to equip, engage, and empower students in our district. I am ecstatic to lead a student-focused staff that will go above and beyond to meet the needs of all students.
Our school campus houses approximately 480 K-3 students. We offer many diverse opportunities for students to grow, learn, and develop social and academic skills:
- Achievement Gap Reduction (AGR) provides reduced student-teacher ratio, one-on-one tutoring, professional development for small group instruction, and instructional coaching for teachers
- Extended opportunities with specialists in Art, Physical Education, Music, Library Media, and Spanish
- Daily scheduled time to provide extra support to students for intervention and enrichment
- Formalized Services and Supports: Title I, Special Education, English Language Learners, as well as Gifted & Talented
- Full time Guidance Counselor
- School-Based Mental Health counseling
- Numerous volunteer options as a classroom helper, mentor, tutor, or literacy buddy
- Books in the Park summer program for students to get free books at a local park
- Active PTO that funds many important activities and events annually
- Breakfast Program
- Private before and after school daycare located on site
- Altoona Elementary School partners with local daycare and off-site providers to serve 4K students through a community-based model. 4K is a wonderful opportunity for students to connect their home and early learning experiences as they transition to our on-site 5K.
As principal, I aim to follow the district's values of being student-focused, respectful, responsible, empathetic, promote joy, safety, and focus on collaboration and continuous improvement. I will work diligently to ensure high levels of learning for all students in our school while promoting a love of learning, social-emotional wellbeing, and care for our students.
Visit our About Us page to find out more!