Welcome to Altoona Elementary School
Welcome to AES!
The Altoona Elementary School, located at 157 Bartlett Avenue, houses approximately 540 K-3 students, and our youngest 4K students call the Altoona Early Education Center (754 Bartlett Avenue) home. The average 4K enrollment is 100.
We are fortunate that we can offer many diverse opportunities for students to grow, learn, and develop social and academic skills. Please see below for the opportunities we offer our K-3 students.
- Achievement Gap Reduction (AGR) provides reduced student-teacher ratio, one-on-one tutoring, professional development for small group instruction, and instructional coaching for teachers
- Extended opportunities with specialists in Art, Physical Education, Music, Library Media, Spanish, and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math)
- Formalized Services and Supports: Title I, Special Education, English Language Learners, as well as Advanced Learners
- Full time Guidance Counselor
- Community-Based Mental Health counseling
- Numerous volunteer options as a classroom helper, mentor, tutor, or literacy buddy
- Active Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) that funds many important activities and events annually
- Breakfast Program
- Private after school daycare located on site
We also offer a program for all Altoona students to receive free books at a local park in the summer. This program is called Books in the Park. This program is funded by our generous PTO.