Contract Start Date: July 1, 2020
Qualifications: Hold or be eligible for licensure as a District Administrator or Superintendent in Wisconsin. Experience as a Superintendent, District Administrator, District Office Position or Principal setting preferred. Demonstrate strong commitment to student achievement, building partnerships in the community, supporting staff learning and development, and supporting all students in meeting their individual needs. Should also have knowledge of the Coherent Governance Model of leadership.
Why Choose Us?
- Altoona is a district where students (1700) feel connected and supported so they can learn, explore and realize their unique potential
- Altoona is a district where all staff find purpose, worthwhile work and the opportunity to make a difference
- All schools and departments work in partnership to serve our students, parents and community
- Persistent focus on efficiency and effectiveness in all processes results in the highest return on investment
- Strong promotion of optimal academic and emotional growth to empower individuals to become caring, competent, responsible citizens enabling them to succeed in an ever-changing world
- Excellent certified and non-certified staff who are committed to student growth
- Engaged student body with high participation rates in school activities and academic achievement
- Superior financial management of the district
- Safe and secure environment for learning
- Strong Continuous Improvement Cycle in curriculum. K12 curriculum maps have been designed using Understanding by Design
- Strong support services such as technology, library, counseling services and special education services
- Altoona has a population of about 7,000 with over 581 businesses
- US News and World Report Silver Medal High School
- School Board committed to developing a vison and goals for the district and helping implement them
- Outstanding community support and involvement
- Referendum passed in November 2014, new energy-efficient elementary school, capital improvements, safety and health-related building and site improvements
- District Budget: $20 million
- Four schools: Altoona Elementary School (K-3), Altoona Intermediate School (4-5), Altoona Middle School (6-8), Altoona High School (9-12)
Communities Served: The School District of Altoona includes the City of Altoona, a portion of the Town of Washington and to a much smaller extent the Town of Lincoln and the City of Eau Claire. The district extends six miles to the east, south to Highway AA, southwest to Otter Creek. The northern border is Lake Altoona. Fairfax Avenue is the western limit.
Application Deadline: April 10, 2020
Selected candidates taken to the Board on: April 16, 2020
First round interviews on: April 18, 2020
Second round interviews on: April 20, 21, 22
Compensation Package Offered: Regionally Competitive/negotiable
You will be asked to present a cover letter, resume, copies of graduate transcripts, at least four reference letters, and proof of certification to support your candidacy, in addition to the online application.
More Details at School Exec Connect:
Application Process & Required Materials:
In addition to the WECAN application process, all professional educator positions require a resume, transcripts and three current letters of recommendation via upload to WECAN. The School District of Altoona does not accept unsolicited applications. Please do not send application materials unless applying for an open position. Unsolicited application materials will not be processed. All teacher applications must be submitted through WECAN.
Professional Educator Openings:
English/Language Arts Teacher, starting 20/21, Apply at WECAN (Application deadline 4/13/20)
6-8 Reading Interventionist, part-time starting 20/21, Apply at WECAN (Application deadline 3/30/20)
1st Grade Teacher, starting 20/21 sy, Apply at WECAN (Application deadline 3/24/20)
High School Special Education Teacher, starting 20/21 sy, Apply at WECAN (Open until filled)
Spanish Teacher (Gr 4-8) Long-Term Substitute, starting 20/21, Apply at WECAN (Open until filled)
1st Grade Teacher, limited term position for 20/21 sy, Apply at WECAN (Application deadline 3/17/20)
RAIL Summer Program Teachers, session 2: 7/6-7/23, M-Th, Apply at WECAN (Application deadline: open until filled)
Speech & Language Pathologist, starting 20/21 sy, Apply at WECAN (Application deadline 3/3/20)
1 full-time; 1 part-time
Math Teacher, Grade 7-8, starting 20/21 sy, Apply at WECAN (Application deadline 2/26/20)
Administrative Assistant - Altoona High School
204 contract days (follows the school calendar with 3 weeks of summer work)
Position start date: 8/10/20 (may be subject to change)
Application deadline: 3/27/20
Apply at WECAN. In addition to the WECAN application, resume and three current letters of recommendations are required by upload to WECAN.
- - - -
Lunch Supervisors are needed on school days,
11:00 AM to 1:00 PM at the Altoona Elementary School AND
11:45 AM to 1:15 PM at the Altoona Intermediate and Middle Schools
Lunch Supervisor Positions
Andrea Steffen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-839-6031 ext 310
Required application materials:
Application form (click below for application form), resume and two (2) letters of recommendation to Sharon Chwala, 1903 Bartlett Ave, Altoona WI 54720. These positions are open until filled.
Coaching Positions 19/20 (Apply at WECAN)
JV/Assistant Boys Golf Coach (19/20 season; 4/6-6/16)
- Assistant Baseball Coach (19/20 season; 3/31-6/18)
- Assistant Boys Tennis Coach (19/20 season; 3/30-6/13)
- Assistant Girls Tennis Coach (20/21 season; 8/11-10/24)
See Left Side Link "Substitutes" or < click here > for application process
The School District of Altoona is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel hiring and administration in the District are to be conducted so as not to discriminate against applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation, disability/ handicap, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, creed, color, political or religious affiliation, genetic information, ancestry, arrest or conviction record, military service, genetic information, use or nonuse of a lawful product off school premises during nonworking hours, declining to attend a meeting or participate in any communication about religious or political matters, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law. Exceptions to this policy may only be made in accordance with state and federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations shall be made for qualified individuals with a disability or handicap, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship to the District. The District shall also accommodate the religious practices of an employee to the extent required by law.
Complaints regarding the interpretation or application of this policy shall be referred to the administrative staff and processed in accordance with established procedures.