Altoona Food Service Program
Food and Nutrition Services are provided by Taher Food Service Management Company
Polly Dake-Jones, Food Service Director
School District of Altoona
1903 Barlett Ave
Altoona WI 54701
Click on the Free/Reduced Meals button on the left for the application and instructions.
Railroaders Return-to-School - Student Meals
- Students may bring a lunch from home or participate in the school lunch program.
- Students will receive an individual packaged lunch, versus the traditional service line.
- Students may remove their masks for lunch, but they will be spaced out to be 6-feet apart.
- When possible, students will be taken for a handwashing break before eating. When hand-washing isn’t an option, students will be prompted by the supervisor to use hand sanitizer.
- The supervisor will instruct students not to share food.
- On Tuesdays, K-5 students may pick up a grab-and-go lunch to take home for Wednesday.
- Also, on Tuesdays, 6-12 students may take home grab-and-go lunches for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Students who will be virtual on Monday and Tuesday may pick up grab-and-go lunches on Friday for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Students participating in the 100% virtual program may pick up grab-and-go lunches grab-and-go on Tuesday (for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) and Friday (for Monday, Tuesday). Lunches for 100% virtual students will be picked up at Altoona High School, 711 7th Street West, between 3:45 – 4:30 pm.
- Families who might qualify for free or reduced lunch should complete and return the application form linked above. Free and reduced lunches will be available to all qualifying students.
- For questions about school lunch, please contact Polly Dake Jones, 715-839-6056, or email email@example.com.
- Specific safety procedures are in place for all food service staff and food preparation.