Please Note: Due to the Coronavirus Shutdown, the Care Closet is closed until further notice. We are also unable to accept clothing donations at this time. Thank you.
Know someone in need? The Care Closet located at 809 7th Street West, provides "no cost" shopping for our families. Clothing, including outer wear and shoes in many sizes, as well as personal hygiene products are available.
School Year Hours:
During the 2019/20 school year, through June 3, the Care Closet is open as follows:
- the first Wednesday of the month from 8:30 - 11:00 am and 3:00 - 6:00 pm (through June 3, 2020)
- the 4th Thursday of the month 4:00 - 6:30 pm (through May 28, 2020)
(coincides with the dates/times the Altoona Food Pantry is open at 701 7th Street West)
- Summer hours will be announced in the June Rails Review Newsletter.
- New and unused hygiene products (< follow hyperlink for list), diapers, blankets, and bed sheets.
- Clothing as noted:
- Spring/Summer Boys clothing
- Boys athletic pants 4 to XL and 18-20
- Spring/Summer Girls clothing
- Athletic Pants, to size XL
- Womens Pants, 0/2
- Mens Underwear (New Only)
- Womens Underwear (New Only)
- Our receiving room is full! We are currently NOT ACCEPTING items other than what is noted above.
- Interested in volunteering? Opportunities include sorting and putting out new inventory, and/or covering shifts during our Open Hours. If interested, contact our Volunteer Coordinator.