Know someone in need? The Care Closet located at 809 7th Street West, provides "no cost" shopping for our families. Clothing, including outer wear and shoes in many sizes, as well as personal hygiene products are available.
School Year Hours:
During the school year, October through June, the Care Closet is open as follows:
- the first Wednesday of the month from 8:30 - 11:00 am and 3:00 - 6:00 pm
- starting in January 2020, the 4th Thursday of the month 4:00 - 6:30 pm
(coincides with the dates/times the Altoona Food Pantry is open at 701 7th Street West)
- New and unused hygiene products (< follow hyperlink for list), diapers, blankets, and bed sheets.
- Clothing as noted:
- Boys clothing, newborn to size 4
- Boys athletic pants 4 to XL and 18-20
- Girls clothing, newborn to size 18-20
- Athletic Pants, to size XL
- Womens Pants, 0/2
- Mens Underwear (New Only)
- Womens Underwear (New Only)
- Our receiving room is full! We are currently NOT ACCEPTING items other than what is noted above.
- Interested in volunteering? Opportunities include sorting and putting out new inventory, and/or covering shifts during our Open Hours. If interested, contact our Volunteer Coordinator.