4-Year-Old Kindergarten (4K) Program
You are invited to participate in the Altoona school district 4K Program, a collaborative, community-based four year old kindergarten program. Altoona 4K is a play-based program designed to prepare your child for their educational career. We provide an enriched curriculum that provides school readiness skills and school expectations. We know that our children learn best through play and provide age appropriate activities in cognitive and pre-math skills, social-emotional, adaptive, literacy and language, and motor development. Our 4K program is a half day program (morning and afternoon options), Monday through Thursday during the school year. The program is designed for all children who live in the School District of Altoona who will be four years old by September 1, 2020. Four year old children who have been accepted for open enrollment will also be eligible to participate. The Altoona School District 4K program is provided at no cost. Transportation options are available.
The 2020/21 Altoona 4K program is offered at five community sites:
- Little Star Daycare, 2245 Hayden Avenue
- Western Dairyland Head Start/Altoona Early Education Center, 1314 North Hillcrest Parkway
- St. Mary’s Elementary School, 1828 Lynn Avenue
- The Little School House of Altoona, 2328 North Hillcrest Parkway
- Little Minds Matter, 3085 Meadowlark Lane
Altoona 4K All Aboard - 2020/21
Families who live within the boundaries of the Altoona school district may register children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020 for this enriched play-based 4-year old kindergarten program. (Not a resident of the Altoona school district? Click here for information about Open Enrollment.)
Altoona 4K All Aboard will be offered at five community sites during the 2020/21school year. Call or email 4K Coodinator, Laura Trachsel, at email@example.com or 715-523-0817 if more information is needed.
In addition to enrolling online, we require the following forms:
- Original Birth Certificate (we verify the information and return it to you)
- Proof of Residency (mortgage documents or utility bill with your name and address on it)
- Immunization form (only required if your child received their vaccinations in a different state)
- Other important documents if applicable (IEP, court documentation, etc.)
Please bring the above listed forms to the Altoona Elementary School Office, located at 157 Bartlett Avenue, between the hours of 7:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., before Friday, May 1, to complete the enrollment process. We encourage you to take advantage of Altoona 4K.
Do you have concerns about your child's development? If so, see the Special Education and Student Services page and click on "Child Find for Children 3 Years Old & Up to Kindergarten."